Thursday, December 6, 2012

Arty Farty Friday 29 A quick art lesson

Dear Chicago House,

I love the transparent effects you can get when painting with watercolors.

This painting is like translucent pebbles on a light box and is today's piece for arty farty Friday.

arty farty friday

and is so easy to paint.

Here is what you need

  • A good quality watercolor paper - I like Strathmore 400 Series Watercolor Pads which is a nice heavy weight paper (104lbs)
  • A medium sized round paintbrush
  • A cup of water
  • A palette of watercolor paints


What you do

  1. Select any color, I mixed up a blue/black as I wanted my effect to look like pebbles. If you mix a color make sure you mix quite a bit of it.
  2. With a moist brush pick up up some of your colour and paint the outline of a simple shape on your paper, then fill it in. I used random blobs.
  3. Paint more shapes on your paper but do not overlap any of the shapes you have already created.
  4. When a shape is dry it is safe to overlap- it really doesn't take very long for the paint to dry...my painting was done in a single sitting and took about 20minutes.
Enjoy!

Love from

Creative in Chicago

XX


Via: Arty Farty Friday 29 A quick art lesson