Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Unique Christmas Card to Make

Dear Chicago House,

Remember those little felt birds I shared with you last week?

felt christmas birds

...I mentioned I had further plans for them.

When I started making them I thought they would be a great little addition to slip inside my Christmas cards - small and light enough not to blow the postage bank and a little bit of fun.

Then I got thinking ... why not make them a focus of the card, and that meant designing a custom Christmas card. Considering I am a professional graphic designer this is something I have done before for clients but never for myself.

So I cracked open Adobe Illustrator and got to work. An hour or so later I had my design created and uploaded to Vistaprint for professional printing.

And here it is back in record time from the printer...I didn't even pay for a rush job and got the card in just 4 days!


I am really happy with how it turned out, a clean contemporary design that looks good "as is" ... but now for the clever bit.
The large red bird is exactly the same size as the birds I made. They are attached with a looped thread which is held down with a festive sticker inside the card and a little message to "remove and hang on your tree"



If you'd like to make this drop me a line and I will send you the card design (personal use only) ...because I am nice like that! The tutorial to make the birds is here

Love from

Creative in Chicago

XX


Via: A Unique Christmas Card to Make